King of Tokyo
Join the fight for Tokyo – over 1 million copies sold worldwide!
Play mutant monsters, gigantic robots and other monstrous creatures, rampaging the city and vying for position as the one and only King of Tokyo!
Combine your dice to gather energy, heal your monster or just slap the other monsters down! Spend your energy to trigger permanent or one-shot special powers: a second head, body armor, nova death ray…
The fiercest monster will occupy Tokyo, and earn extra victory points, but you can’t heal and must face all the other monsters alone! Stop at nothing to become the King of Tokyo… but that’s when the real trouble begins for you!
- One Tokyo board
- 66 cards
- 28 counters
- Eight dice
- Six monster boards
- Six cardboard figures + 6 plastic stand
- Energy cubes
How to play
On your turn, complete the following actions:
- Rolling and rerolling the dice Roll all 6 dice (up to three times).
- Resolving the dice. The symbols you get at the end of your rolling step are the actions for this turn.
- Buying cards (optional). You can spend your energy points to buy any of the face up cards.
- If Tokyo is empty, your monster must enter. If you are attacked while in Tokyo, you can yield to the Monster that attacked. You still take the damage though! When you’re in Tokyo, you attack everyone on the outside, however, everyone on the outside deals damage to you.
The game is over when a monster reaches 20 Victory Points or is the last one standing. This monster is crowned King of Tokyo.