There’s gold in the Black Hills of South Dakota and you’ve come to find (or steal) your share. You’re staying at one of the three major establishments in Deadwood where you and your associates are working together to steal some of the gold-filled safes floating around town. But you suspect that the “friends” you’re working with are secretly plotting to keep all the gold for themselves. Will you be ready to turn on them before they shoot you in the back?
- Use cards from your hand to try to win Safes from other players. Safes contain Badges, Gold, or Showdown Guns.
- After the final turn, the team with the most Gold will advance to the Final Showdown. There, teammates will have to fight each other to the death using Showdown Guns. The last person alive is the winner!
- The game is a balance between teamwork and selfishness. If a player uses all of their best cards to hunt down Gold for their team, they’ll be defenceless to fight against their teammates if they go to the Final Showdown.
- If someone on your team doesn’t seem to be pulling their weight, they might be plotting to steal your gold after using you to get to the Finals! There may come a point where you need to attack, mislead, frame, abandon, or banish your own teammates.
- FAUX BOOK BOX – Closes magnetically
- 9 WOOD STAR PAWNS
- 3 WOOD PLATFORMS – Laser engraved for concave words and textures
- 10 ENGRAVED DICE – Each die has values that correlate with the gun you decide to use
- 50 PLAYING CARDS
- 9 CHARACTER CARDS – Each based on a real person who roamed the streets of Deadwood in 1876. Character bios included in the rulebook.
- 25 SAFE CARDS – Includes “Mystery Safe” expansion cards for maximum re-playability.
- LINEN BAG – To store the wood pawns and dice